SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#204600 - 09/02/04 07:19 PM Small (cheapish) speaker "set" For Triton Studio Advice please:)
Jupitar5 Offline

Loc: United States
Hello,

I have a triton Studio, and with some right programming, and the downloading of 3rd party files (PA80 for example), it really does sound good. I would like to know what kind of speakers would suit this Synth, and make it similar to an arranger - IE: portable, able to play at very small venues, without having to cart a KC500 around with me

I was thinking of the Yamaha YST speakers that came with the Yamaha Pro I once had, but too much bass/treble, and little in-between for my liking. Any advise appreciated!. Budget, well, £100($150 dollars or so)

TIA (thanks in advance) and very nice to see the forum back up - thought it was a gonna

PS: what made me think about this, is that I heard the Demo of the PAX on a CD tonight, and while good, doesn't kill the Triton Studio, and apart from better guitar (acoustic) sounds - and "perhaps" a Piano there doesn't seem too much - but then again it is an arranger

This thing in the UK (PAX with the speakers) costs well over £2K - and that is an awful amount of money for a keyboard that only boasts 64 note poly - even if it does handle it well.

Anthony

#204601 - 09/02/04 08:01 PM Re: Small (cheapish) speaker "set" For Triton Studio Advice please:)
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
You may want to take a serious look at the Logitech Z2200 system. More power than the MSY50s, better mid range.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#204602 - 09/02/04 08:35 PM Re: Small (cheapish) speaker "set" For Triton Studio Advice please:)
Jupitar5 Offline

Done a search for those travlin'easy, and they seem to have good reviews, and good at about £105.00

Cheers

Anthony

#204603 - 09/02/04 10:45 PM Re: Small (cheapish) speaker "set" For Triton Studio Advice please:)
vclocke Offline

Loc: riverside, ca, usa
Got my Z2200's today. When I bought them last week (from Amazon.com) they were $112 and Amazon had a $50 rebate. Pretty good deal if it's still going on. Give it a try !!

vc

------------------
Vern

#204604 - 09/03/04 07:52 AM Re: Small (cheapish) speaker "set" For Triton Studio Advice please:)
Jupitar5 Offline

What kind of output Jacks do they have? ¼ inch? (6.3MM), or are they the phono/3.5MM type? - and how many are they (I think there was about 6 on the yamaha YST ones. not sure). My Triton Studio has 6 outputs BTW

Anthony

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online